Objective of this scheme:
Maharashtra government women and child development is the nodal agency for Bal Sangopan Yojna(scheme). Under this programme, a substitute family care is provided for a temporary period to children whose parents are not able to take care of their children due to several reasons including illness, death, separation or desertion of one parent, or any other crisis.
LATEST COVID UPDATE for Children who have lost their parents to the Covid-19 pandemic
The women and child development department has proposed to deposit a sum of ₹500,000 into the children’s account who have lost both their parents to Covid-19. It has also proposed to broaden the scope of the existing scheme for children called ‘Bal Sangopan Yojana’ and provide ₹2,500 a month to the children who have lost one parent and that too earning one. State women and child development Yashomati Thakur said on Friday 4th June 2021. The detailed policy document is yet to be released by the state government yet.
Benefits under this scheme:
- A grant of Rs. 425 per child per month is provided under this scheme by govt.
- Amount will be transfer to the bank/post account of the foster parent(s) through an NGO for meeting the basic expenses of the child.
- The implementing NGO is given a supporting grant of Rs. 75 per month per child to meet administrative expenses, including home visits.
Eligibility Criteria of Bal Sangopan Yojana
- Homeless children and Orphans upto Age 0 to 18.
- Children who have lost one parent due to any disease or separated.
- Children who are missing out school due to poor financial situation can avail benefits under this scheme.
- Children whose both parents with disabilities
- Children who are suffering from HIV AIDS, children with severe mental disabilities/children with multiple disabilities.
- Aadhar Card
- proof of income
- Bank passbook
- Ration Card Xerox
- Death certificate (in case of death of parents)
- Photo with beneficiary’s parents
- Beneficiary’s birth certificate
- Other documents mentioned on official website
How to apply
Click below official link to apply for the scheme
Click here to download scheme related document